The Palestinian Bureau of Statistics released The Palestinian Multiple Indicator Cluster Survey (MICS) 2014 and a Key Findings Report in February, 2015.
The survey was financed by the Palestinian National Authority (PNA), UNICEF and the United Nations Population Fund (UNPF), and, serves to measure progress of international goals and commitments.
Key findings of the report found:
- 59.1 percent of Palestinians reside in the West Bank and the remaining percentage reside in Gaza.
- Neonatal mortality rate (death before the first month of life) was reported as 11% (West Bank) and 12% (Gaza).
- The infant mortality rate was reported as 17% (West Bank) and 20% (Gaza). Neonatal, infant and under-five mortality rate for Palestinian children increased over the period.
- The Palestinians have fully immunized 90% of its population, with most of the population immunized in some form (when not fully).
- 11% (West Bank) and 10.4% (Gaza) reported suffering Acute Respiratory Infection (ARI) symptoms within the prior two-week period of being interviewed.
- Only 10.4% of residents of Gaza had access to improved sources of drinking water (in the West Bank, the figure is 96.8%).
2016. Mics-Surveys-Prod.S3.Amazonaws.Com. Accessed July 24 2016.